Sunday, September 13, 2015

2 MS, Copyright and Twitter

I  used Microsoft word for basically everything and anything I ever typed. Its my favorite thing to use when I need to get a paper done or to even jot thoughts down to save. As a student this is something iv always use in my classrooms and assignments. Using Microsoft word is just easier because in the past iv used a program called note pad to type something when my computer miraculously didn't have ms word and I hated it. I'm going to always use it and try my best to keep up with the up to date versions because they keep getting better, and if I had a classrooms all our writing assignments would be there.

Copyright and fair use is a very serious thing in the technology world. You don't want to be in a legal dispute over anyone elses information and ideas without the consent. I myself have never been in a situation like this. If I had my own class id definitely get them to understand the severity of understanding it through videos and legal disputes about them in the real world. Id even make my students use the safe assign to turn in papers to make sure they are not copying anyone's work.

Using twitter was never a big thing for me. Since iv been using it on the class iv learned to network in a new way. I'm usually a Facebook guy but Twitter adds flavor. When I use it, Twitter is more of a hey let me continue to talk about whats going on for a while type of thing and move on while Facebook is a one stop then move on. There is definitely more interaction with twitter with re tweeting and favoring tweets in which I have been doing. Using this especially with any future career could keep people updated hand fulls at a time with twitter in a short and sweet manner.

4 comments:

  1. I agree- Twitter has more "flavor" then Facebook. And I think its good that you would teach your students about the legal side of copy write. It won't only get them in trouble at school but it can also get them in trouble with the law.
    Very interesting blog post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thoughts about copyright and fair use. So many court cases could be avoided by citing work or using free to use items on the web.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember having to use a few apps on my computer such as Notepad - I hated it! MS Word is so much more user friendly, and there's a standard to use that just makes it so much more appealing to me.

    I think that a lot of people just blow copyright issues off, like they're not going to be the ones that get caught. But especially in this day and age, anything you do could be blown up to a much larger scale - Facebook and Twitter posts suddenly go viral, being seen by millions of people. What if one of those posts violates some kind of use? Suddenly you're being sued for using an image that you never thought twice about. It's kind of crazy to imagine, but it really happens to people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just to keep things real, I uncovered no legal action taken against teachers for classroom violations of copyright. However, we need to model, teach, and adhere to copyright ethics because that's who we are.

    ReplyDelete