Monday, November 16, 2015

010 EME2040 Education/Learning

This week's assignment was actually a lot easier than the one from last week. Both were power points but making your own game wasn't too bad considering we could use templates and go from there. I used a learning game template on vocabulary words and I think it came out pretty good honestly! I didn't get myself into a knot like the power point from last week's but nevertheless it was fun and interesting to do.


I liked the subject and blogs we got into about digital natives. I didn't think there was a word for children of that generation that but it is! Having being born into a world where technology is everywhere is definitely something to think about. Older people grew up completely different than us and did not have these tools like smart boards because they had chalk boards for an example.

A technology related skill I would love to incorporate if I had a classroom is blogs. Blogs are a great way for the class to see what each other is doing with their assignments. Having this is a great idea and something I would love to expand on if I had an classroom. I'm glad he had these in class because they helped a lot in my opinion.

Something I would definitely take from this class into future use would be learning to keep your internet safe. I would teach this to a class immediately if I was a teacher because there are a lot of malicious things out there on the internet. Also learning about copyright material because you can get into a lot of trouble using someone else information without asking. These are some great things to take with me into the future. If I end up teaching a class, all these tools for learning more would be incorporated.

1 comment:

  1. You articulate two great points from this course for a future classroom: blogs and digital citizenship. In fact, these are universally beneficial for all professions, whether you are writing your own blog or keeping abreast of trends by reading others' blogs. Good choices!

    ReplyDelete