Sunday, October 4, 2015

04 Web Hunting

The web hunt helped me not only to use the google search engine in different ways but also of the content I was searching up. The content that I was searching around for were websites that teachers could use for students in their educational uses. Some of these websites were templates for a teacher to make sites for their classes and assignments that they might want to give their students. One of the websites I searched up for designing quality assignments was http://www.discoveryeducation.com/teachers/free-lesson-plans/the-basics-earth-science.cfm. This website was for science and its a template to learn how to make class assignments on all types of scientific things but in this case it was Earth science. This was so cool to me because I had no idea that they had things like this or at least to this extent because it seems extremely helpful.

You can go in so many ways with designing quality things for educational use its amazing. There are more websites out there such as teacher building websites https://educatorpages.com/ and just straight out links to many other educational sources like http://www.21stcenturyschoolteacher.com/cool-websites.html. The way I used my google search engine was just mainly using key words. Like when I did my search for Earth science templates for assignments I made sure when I did my search I made sure I put "Earth science" so anything with that would come up rather than just normal science stuff. The web hunt has helped me in these ways of searching and seeing whats out there for teachers and anybody honestly to use for educational purposes.

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, I've found that putting quotations around what you are trying to find really helps refine the search. Do you want to be a science teacher or were you just using that for assignment purposes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also found the web hunt to be extremely helpful. Before last week, I had no idea how many simple tricks such as quotations could be used to refine search results

    ReplyDelete
  3. The web hunt was super helpful to learn about properly searching the web. You are also right that it helped us to learn about intellectual and educational uses for google searches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also found the web hunt to be extremely helpful. Before last week, I had no idea how many simple tricks such as quotations could be used to refine search results

    ReplyDelete
  5. The web hunt was definitely a great thing that is of great use. It was very cool to learn how to search for things in different ways and get the results more quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the website you provided with the "Lesson Plan Library." That could come in handy one day. What a great tool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As Kristen note, you located a great source of lesson plans. When I make lesson plans, I usually start with someone else's idea and then adapt it. Did you find any sites that your students could use to learn Earth science?

    ReplyDelete