Monday, October 19, 2015

06 Productivity, Web Evaluations

The website I chose to speak about was my very own high school, Rickards High School. I chose this site because of course I went to it but its a straight forward site that's very easy to use for what you want. Anything you want to look for dealing with parent information, sports, contacts academies and other resources are all right in front of your face to see. The tabs at the top are everything you need to have in order to navigate. This site is also reliable because its a Leon county schools website and you can also get to this page from the Leon county schools site as well in a direct link. If I was a parent, id be very satisfied with this site giving me the knowledge I need. http://www.leonschools.net/rickards

Productivity is a main focus that we have been talking about recently. In the podcast its described as something that will help you through your everyday functions. Diigo, which is one of the sites mentioned in the podcast is something students and teachers can use in the classes that lets you edit online things for other possible uses in the future. Something like that is good to h have in the classroom to keep students flexible with using information they handle. Off-the-shelf sources and software as chapter 7 talks about is so easy for classes to use to keep things rolling. Its something id use in a classroom, along with blogs.

The Web Evaluation that we did was a bit confusing at first but once I got it, I was sent rolling and didn't stop until I finished. I learned that a lot of these web sites out on the internet don't have updated information. Things change so rapidly and sources become outdated and this assignment has shown me that first hand. The Wiki me and Jessica made was straight to the point and simple. We pin pointed websites dealing with our topic of Science and Space then evaluated them to see if they were reliable sources of information. The assignment was helpful and wasn't too bad at all along with my partner, she was awesome and direct!
https://sites.google.com/site/9thgradeearthandspacescience/

1 comment:

  1. You make a good observation. When you start poking around, there are many BAD websites!

    ReplyDelete